AFTER SUGARING CARE
- 24-48 HR NO-NO LIST - DO NOT do any of these activies: HOT SHOWERS, BATHS, HOT TUBS, POOLS, OCEAN, SWEAT, WORKOUTS, SUN EXPOSURE, SCRUBS, ACTIVE/UN-APPROVED PRODUCTS.
- BE GENTLE the first 24-48 hours you will treat your skin differently, it needs protection and rest. The skin is considered healing, when the tender feeling subsides, you can begin your regular activities.
- CLOTHING wear clean loose fitting pants, skirts, shirts, and no underwear after a Brazilian. Friction, sweat or heat will create ingrowns, bumps, redness, bacteria and irritation. Avoid dirty clothes, tight clothes, dirty undies, skinny jeans, leggings or stockings.
UNDERWEAR/TIGHT CLOTHES choose organic cotton, bamboo or hemp for healthy fabric choices. Avoid spandex/synthetic/stretchy fabrics or tight fitting workout clothes. Many skins will have persistent ingrowns, redness, itching, or pustules from these types of fabrics.
- ALWAYS AVOID fragrance/parfum, scented lotions, heavy essential oils and perfumes, can cause ingrowns if used at any time, ask your professional if in doubt about a product you are using.
- SHOWER wait 12-24 hours at least, if you get sweaty rinse immediately with cool water no soap, 10% Oxygen + Sunflower Elixir or 100% Squalane only to moisturize. After 24 hours, take a warm shower, using mild castile soap. Do not over stimulate the skin let it recover.
HOME CARE PROGRAM
1. Take it Easy - for 24-48 hours, follow the 24-48hr NO-NO LIST.
2. Exfoliate - Wait 72hrs before using a scrub. Scrub 3-5 times a week with one of our SugarLove Sugar Scrubs.
3. Topical Exfoliant - Apply a thin layer of 7.5% Triple Control Peel, before your oil moisturizer for hard to control ingrowns.
4. Hydrate & Protect - apply your hydrating oil, 3-5 days a week. We recommend
10% Oxygen + Sunflower Elixir or 100% Squalane. Ingrown Balm, wait 72hrs to use ingrown balm.